• 888-750-4777
  • This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: wires in an attic

Re: wires in an attic 14 years 1 month ago #27645

From the posts here, let's agree on this; we're between the perverbial "rock and a hard place".  We all want to do our absolute best job for every client, even if it's a "nit picky" detail.  Yet, we are in this to make money and take care of our families too! 
Frank, I would agree that mentioning to a client during the inspection is a good plan...BUT, we all know most clients aren't exactly going to pay attention or remember everything during a 3 hour inspection.  Putting it in writing, even if it's not a critical issue, might at least get it looked at once!
And, on Frank's side...most realtors are going to roll their eyes if they see that in a report.  BUT...let's all remember, they have a vested financial interest in selling a home to their client.  Yes, the good agents are going to look after the folks they work for, but I'd guess the big $$$$$ cross their minds as well...
I think we do what we feel is right in our book.  While there may not be a code or regulation for every situation we come across...I know I do this because I enjoy having clients tell me "Thank you", whether they buy a home I inspect or not.  I say that I mention it because I've seen plenty of attics where Romex is spliced w/ wire nuts, broken, uninsulated...you name it...and I haven't even been at this that long!  I know my clients appreciate the time and effort I put in...:)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Title: Root River Inspections
URL:  www.arochestermnhomeinspector.com
Body:  Root River Inspections serves Rochester, Winona, Red Wing, Austin, Albert Lea and surrounding Minnesota areas.
Meta Key:  Rochester home inspector, Winona home inspector, Red Wing home inspector, Albert...

Re: wires in an attic 14 years 1 month ago #27646

Here's why I would mention wiring in the attic that is easily accessible to any homeowner...

Unsecured wiring, pig tails everywhere, and exposed LIVE wiring hanging out in one attic...
Attachments:

Body:  Root River Inspections serves Rochester, Winona, Red Wing, Austin, Albert Lea and surrounding Minnesota areas.
Meta Key:  Rochester home inspector, Winona home inspector, Red Wing home inspector, Albert...

Re: wires in an attic 14 years 1 month ago #27653

Looks like before and after the retrofitted ceiling fans Casey!

Jay Markanich Real Estate Inspections, LLC
Based in Bristow, serving all of Northern Virginia
www.jaymarinspect.com
Northern Virginia Home Inspector
Festina Lente - Make Haste Slowly

Re: wires in an attic 14 years 1 month ago #27660

Actually, if I remember correctly, there were no ceiling fans...just flush mount lights in each room! 

Re: wires in an attic 14 years 1 month ago #27661

• Ian Niquette
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Just another goofy lookin guy with no hair!!
  • Thank you received: 0
What's the big deal? They ran it in conduit. :-*

Square One Home Inspection
Square One Home Inspection proudly serves Green Lake, Fond du Lac, Dodge, Marquette, Columbia, Winnebago, and Waushara Counties. Complete home inspections, thermal imaging and Radon testing available.
www.squareonehomeinspection.com
Keywords : Fond du Lac Home Inspection,...

Re: wires in an attic 14 years 1 month ago #27666

Are you buried under snow Jay?

Bent Nail Inspections
Serving Boise, Meridian, Eagle, Nampa, Caldwell and surrounding areas
Boise home inspector, boise home inspections, Meridian home inspector, Idaho Home Inspection, Nampa Home Inspector
Boise home Inspections   
www.bestboisehomeinspection.com/ ...
Time to create page: 0.204 seconds
© 2004-2024 Home Inspector Pro Inc. All Rights Reserved.