• 888-750-4777
  • This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: GFCI under sink and by washer

Re: GFCI under sink and by washer 14 years 3 months ago #26934

As you wish Bruce.

"GFCI is required over kitchen counter tops but not elsewhere in the kitchen."  Kitchen islands are GFI required.  And behind the fridge would not be "readily accessible."

Funny story - once in a new home inspection the fridge was on and then off and then on again (I was returning to check the ice maker).  I thought it was weird and wrote it up that the fridge apparently had a problem.  Later I went into the kitchen and turned on the light and heard the fridge motor come on!  They had the fridge outlet wired to the kitchen light switch.  The next day an electrician called me saying he had never seen that and how I found it.  Pure serendipity!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Jay Markanich Real Estate Inspections, LLC
Based in Bristow, serving all of Northern Virginia
www.jaymarinspect.com
Northern Virginia Home Inspector
Festina Lente - Make Haste Slowly

Re: GFCI under sink and by washer 14 years 3 months ago #26941

• Ian Niquette
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Just another goofy lookin guy with no hair!!
  • Thank you received: 0
That is a nice catch Jay. That would have generated a few call backs for seferal parties ahd you not found that one.

Square One Home Inspection
Square One Home Inspection proudly serves Green Lake, Fond du Lac, Dodge, Marquette, Columbia, Winnebago, and Waushara Counties. Complete home inspections, thermal imaging and Radon testing available.
www.squareonehomeinspection.com
Keywords : Fond du Lac Home Inspection,...

Re: GFCI under sink and by washer 14 years 3 months ago #26942

I'll tell you what gentlemen, I'm very sorry I haven't been posting.  Matter of fact, this thread was a huge kick in my pants reminder to what I've been missing because I've been poor at my own time management--don't let it happen to you!  ;D What a great thread! Doug, your question wasn't only answered and explained, but great reference material.

So, back to my self-flogging--I bought a different gonk that I can actually see, has wireless, and the keyboard is large enough for fat-fingering...time management solution #1...I'm not in the office.  ;)I'm mobile in my own home!!

Greg Scheer
www.GCSHomeInspections.com
Body and Meta Description: Home Inspection and Thermal Imaging in Scranton, Montrose, Honesdale, Wilkes-Barre, and northeastern Pennsylvania. Call 570-504-8393
Meta: Home, Inspector, Montrose, Scranton, Thermal, Inspections
URL: Montrose-Home-Inspector.html...

Re: GFCI under sink and by washer 14 years 3 months ago #26946

Hey Greg;

Isn't it amazing how easy it is to set up wireless wifi in your own home.  I added mine about 8 years ago.  Someone at Fry's told all you have to do is install a wireless router onto your cable modem and Wa La!!  Be sure and add the security feature so your neighbors and real estate agents driving down the street won't log into your system.

My new wifi enabled "Crackberry" phone even uses the wifi for surfing the web, email and telephone calls should my t-mobile signal get weak inside the house.

It's a beautiful thing!

BTW, T-Mobile has unlimited phone, text and data, (Web) plans for $79... I've used it for free in hotspots in Canada, Mexico and Costa Rica as well as throughout the United States...

URL : www.progressiveinspection.com
Title: Irvine Home Inspector
Description: Providing home inspections in California, including: Dana Point, Laguna Niguel, Mission Viejo, San Clemente, Irvine, Aliso Viejo, Temecula, Corona, Laguna Niguel, Rancho Santa Margarita, Laguna Woods
Keywords: Dana...
Last Edit: by Will Handley.
Time to create page: 0.170 seconds
© 2004-2024 Home Inspector Pro Inc. All Rights Reserved.