• 888-750-4777
  • This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Garage Outlets

Re: Garage Outlets 14 years 6 months ago #22117

My estimate would be that what used to be a dedicated (single) receptacle for a fridge or freezer has now been modified or improperly utilized to accommodate multiple receptacles for a work bench.  This is improper and GFCI protection should be recommended. It is up to the client what they want to do with the information. All we can do is observe and report. 

That's more along the lines of what I thought.  I was thinking the owner probably added them in himself at some point.  But tried to claim that they were put in when the house was built.  Either way, there were a total of 12 outlets that I found to not be on GFCI's in the garage.  I don't think that would have passed builder inspections if they had checked it correctly.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

HLC Home Inspections LLC
www.OklahomaHomeInspector.biz
We are a licensed inspector for the state of Oklahoma.?  Our focus is Oklahoma City, Moore, Mustang, Yukon, Tuttle, and many other areas surrounding OKC.
HLC-Home-Inspections-Oklahoma-City

HLC Home Inspections LLC...

Re: Garage Outlets 14 years 6 months ago #22123

Deal Killer!

Knoxville TN Home Inspector
Fogarty Home Inspection Services
Professional mold and radon testing of east Tn
Professional home and commercial inspections of Knoxville
www.homeinspectorknoxville.com
Title: Home Inspector Knoxville
Meta Keywords- Knoxville home inspection, Oak Ridge TN home inspector,...

Re: Garage Outlets 14 years 6 months ago #22124

Deal Killer!

;D  8)

My new marketing strategy... Inspect it, kill the deal, then take the client, then sell them a house!!!!

HLC Home Inspections LLC
We are a licensed inspector for the state of Oklahoma.?  Our focus is Oklahoma City, Moore, Mustang, Yukon, Tuttle, and many other areas surrounding OKC.

Re: Garage Outlets 14 years 6 months ago #22195

Also alot of people do not want the opener on GFI because if it trips they have to go through the service door or the motor surge can sometimes trip the GFI.

Safe At Home Inspections,Inc.
Home Inspections performed in Darien, Downers Grove, Bolingbrook, Woodridge, Naperville, Aurora, and surrounding areas in Illinois
www.safeathomeinspect.com

Re: Garage Outlets 14 years 6 months ago #22196

Hey John I see that you have obtained your real estate license congrats to you. Have you been busy with inspections and selling? I have been fairly busy except for the last couple of weeks. Tha bottom dropped out have not gotten anything. Just a couple of draw inspections.

Safe At Home Inspections,Inc.
Home Inspections performed in Darien, Downers Grove, Bolingbrook, Woodridge, Naperville, Aurora, and surrounding areas in Illinois
www.safeathomeinspect.com

Re: Garage Outlets 14 years 6 months ago #22218

I was super slow the beginning of the month but I have been slam packed with inspection the last couple of weeks.  As for the real estate thing, I'm basically going through as many schools as I can, to get more comfortable with the contract side of it.  I tell ya.... If I ever needed time management skills, its now that I'm trying both sides of this!  I'm finding that the real estate side can suck the time right out of your day!!!

The market is good here.  I've heard that Oklahoma has the 2nd best market right now.  I don't know if that's true, just what I heard.

HLC Home Inspections LLC

Time to create page: 0.199 seconds
© 2004-2024 Home Inspector Pro Inc. All Rights Reserved.