• 888-750-4777
  • This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: 1st ground connected to the 2nd ground?

1st ground connected to the 2nd ground? 14 years 6 months ago #21869

Here in good ole Tn electrical main panels should have 2 grounds. One on a copper rod in the dirt, and one bonded to the water main coming in. I looked at a small house, that has been just remodeled, and started finding electical issues in every room. Most of the outlets were all wired in wrong. Then I poped the cover off the main. I started looking and stopped when my eyes glanced at the seperate ground bar with nothing on it. All the grounds were on the neutral bar. Where were the main ground wires? The main panel was not grounded at all. Upon going outside, I found the grounding stake, with the wire attached, the fed into the crawlspace. I opened the door, followed the ground wire, and discovered that it ended and was clamped to the copper clamp where the second ground should be. I think that was the stupidest thing I have ever seen. The buyer was not very happy, and i put in the report that a different electrician should come and repair all of the problems. I am sure that no licensed person had done this, probably 2 dudes with a case of beer on  the weekend.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Knoxville TN Home Inspector
Fogarty Home Inspection Services
Professional mold and radon testing of east Tn
Professional home and commercial inspections of Knoxville
www.homeinspectorknoxville.com
Title: Home Inspector Knoxville
Meta Keywords- Knoxville home inspection, Oak Ridge TN home inspector,...
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.152 seconds
© 2004-2024 Home Inspector Pro Inc. All Rights Reserved.