• 888-750-4777
  • This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Portable Generator

Re: Portable Generator 14 years 8 months ago #16141

Grandkids I can deal with. It's the grand parents job to spoil them and the parent's job to deal with the aftermath. LOL

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Gerry Pallotta
Alota Home Inspection Services
Greater Toronto Area Home Inspector
Mississauga Home Inspector
Inspecting the following areas
Toronto,Mississauga,Brampton,Oakville,Vaughan,Richmond Hill,Markham and Pickering

Re: Portable Generator 14 years 8 months ago #16143

• Louie Flores
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Inspect- it like it's yours...
  • Thank you received: 0
You got that right Gerry..Lol

Re: Portable Generator 14 years 8 months ago #16177

IT IS NOT up to the HI to provide power no electrical no electrical inspection or come back  at fee when they can turn power etc on Tom you are gong to find this to be a common problem so many repos no power, no water 

DRG Inspections LLC
www.newhampshirehomeinspector.biz
www.nhinfraredthermalinspections.com
Body -performing home inspections In Nashua,Keene,Claremont,Raymond and Dover NH areas-for infra red just use infra red Inspections
Meta-Nashua home inspector,home inspections Keene,Dover mold...

Re: Portable Generator 14 years 8 months ago #16240

www.phrannie.org/surge2.html

Not to mention the possible damage from the pig tail panel attachment. There is absolutely NO reason for the utilities to be off during an inspection.  The banks reimburse the listing agent for all fees and costs associated with maintaining and preparing the property for sale.  This includes, but not limited to, trash outs, emergency repairs, floods, compliance with city complaints and activation of the utilities. 

Maybe the local welder is performing inspections as a side gig....

URL : www.progressiveinspection.com
Title: Irvine Home Inspector
Description: Providing home inspections in California, including: Dana Point, Laguna Niguel, Mission Viejo, San Clemente, Irvine, Aliso Viejo, Temecula, Corona, Laguna Niguel, Rancho Santa Margarita, Laguna Woods
Keywords: Dana...

Re: Portable Generator 14 years 8 months ago #16245

• Louie Flores
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Inspect- it like it's yours...
I have to inspections on the books which will be performed once the utilities are on.

Re: Portable Generator 14 years 8 months ago #16248

• Ian Niquette
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Just another goofy lookin guy with no hair!!
No thanks with the generator. Get the power on or take your chances and move in. All agents KNOW this, and it is up to them and the seller to make sure the home is ready for the buyer to have it fully inspected. With  quite a few repos lately, I have gotten to the inspections and no water, or electrical or what have you. Right in front of the realtor, I put the client on the spot about it(you'll see why in a moment). I explain that I can't inspect say the plumbing with no water, how would I know if it is leaking right? I explain that I will do what part of the inspection I can right now and return when the water is on. My return fee is $150 minimum, and I will need at least a 48 hour notice.  Would you like to pay for that now, and I can get a new agreemnet printed up for that when I get back?  Now(this is great), the client tells the realtor that he has just paid for an inspection, and should NOT have to pay for return trips if water is not on. The realtor says, we'll take care of it. So I say, so I should send the invoice to you at the office? UH UH Uh UH, yes that would be fine, we'll let you know when they are on.

Kind makes the realtor mad, but I have been coming across less and less in my area with items not  being turned on. They are getting the hint. And when it is all over, my client knows why I did it that way, AND THEY thank me. Gotta Be sneaky sometimes.

Square One Home Inspection
Square One Home Inspection proudly serves Green Lake, Fond du Lac, Dodge, Marquette, Columbia, Winnebago, and Waushara Counties. Complete home inspections, thermal imaging and Radon testing available.
www.squareonehomeinspection.com
Keywords : Fond du Lac Home Inspection,...
Time to create page: 0.206 seconds
© 2004-2024 Home Inspector Pro Inc. All Rights Reserved.