• 888-750-4777
  • This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Pushmatic panel questions

Pushmatic panel questions 14 years 9 months ago #14854

This is a pushmatic panel. 125 amp rating. The meter is a 100/200 amp. There does not appear to be a main shutoff. There is a 60 amp breaker that is the second breaker that says "main lights" on the breaker and "main 110v" on the panel cover. Is that the main breaker? Seems like that is the wrong spot if it is. Also, there are no conductors to that breaker. I was thinking that it didn't need one because of the "5 hand motion" rule, but it would take at least 11 movements by my count to shut off everything.
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

<b>Title:</b> Orland Park Home Inspector
www.OrlandParkHomeInspections.com
<b>Des:</b> Orland Park Home inspector performs home inspections in Orland Park, Tinley Park, New Lenox, Frankfort, & Palos Heights. 708-535-6057, 708-612-6679
<b>UPath:</b>...
Last Edit: by Michael Merino.

Re: Pushmatic panel questions 14 years 9 months ago #14855

One more pic.
Attachments:

<b>Des:</b> Orland Park Home inspector performs home inspections in Orland Park, Tinley Park, New Lenox, Frankfort, & Palos Heights. 708-535-6057, 708-612-6679

Re: Pushmatic panel questions 14 years 9 months ago #14856

I went to www.electricalknowledge.com/forum/archives/851.asp this seem to give some info. on this panel

Re: Pushmatic panel questions 14 years 9 months ago #14963

I would almost bet the one labeled main lights is miss-labeled.  But without knowing for sure I wouldn't make that call.  Most likely the two upper breakers are the main disconnects.

HLC Home Inspections LLC
www.OklahomaHomeInspector.biz
We are a licensed inspector for the state of Oklahoma.?  Our focus is Oklahoma City, Moore, Mustang, Yukon, Tuttle, and many other areas surrounding OKC.
HLC-Home-Inspections-Oklahoma-City

HLC Home Inspections LLC...

Re: Pushmatic panel questions 14 years 9 months ago #14974

It's a split bus.

Rick Maday
Owl Home Inspections
Schaumburg Home Inspector

Re: Pushmatic panel questions 14 years 9 months ago #14978

Rick, what is the best indicator that this is a split bus?

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.190 seconds
© 2004-2024 Home Inspector Pro Inc. All Rights Reserved.