• 888-750-4777
  • This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Finally moving from XP to 8.1 and need to know what to do.

Finally moving from XP to 8.1 and need to know what to do. 9 years 3 months ago #59952

Finally time to say goodbye to an old friend, XP and I realize that I have no clue what to do to get ready  for Monday's inspection. Dominic, if you're around, I would sure appreciate any guidance so I'm notfreaking  out trying to write and deliver my report! It's my desktop that I'm changing.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Mark Smith/Owner

Title:House To Home Inspections LLC
Url: www.housetohomellc.com
url path: upland-home-inspections.html
Body: Upland Home Inspections performs home inspections in Upland, Claremont, Rancho Cucamonga, Riverside, Los Angeles and Orange Counties and all of Southern California....

Re: Finally moving from XP to 8.1 and need to know what to do. 9 years 3 months ago #59953

Dominic Maricic
Home Inspector Pro Home Inspection Software - CEO

Re: Finally moving from XP to 8.1 and need to know what to do. 9 years 3 months ago #59954

What if my old computer is too far gone to retrieve anything from?

Mark Smith/Owner

Title:House To Home Inspections LLC
Url: www.housetohomellc.com
url path: upland-home-inspections.html
Body: Upland Home Inspections performs home inspections in Upland, Claremont, Rancho Cucamonga, Riverside, Los Angeles and Orange Counties and all of Southern California....

Re: Finally moving from XP to 8.1 and need to know what to do. 9 years 3 months ago #59955

What if my old computer is too far gone to retrieve anything from?

Define "too far gone"?

Pull out the Hard Drive asap, pick up a HD Enclosure from Newegg.com for a minimal amount, and attempt to transfer the files to your new 'puter via USB. Hopefully you get lucky and the problem isn't with the drive itself and your files are still readable and accessible.

Jeffrey R. Jonas
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

FB: www.facebook.com/MN.Home.Inspector

www.JRJConsultants.net
www.OwatonnaHomeInspector.com
www.MinnesotaCommercialBuildingInspections.com

URL: www.owatonnahomeinspector.com
Title: Critical Eye Property Inspections
Description: Providing...

Re: Finally moving from XP to 8.1 and need to know what to do. 9 years 3 months ago #59956

Btw... you really should be using a service like Carbonite which would make this a whole lot easier for you. Trust me, I learned the hard way a few years ago!

If interested in Carbonite, send me your email and I'll send you a "Friends & Family" deal link (sorry can't post it here anymore). Nope, not an employee, just a very satisfied customer spreading the word! Just like I do for Dom and HIP!!!

Jeffrey R. Jonas
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

FB: www.facebook.com/MN.Home.Inspector

www.JRJConsultants.net
www.OwatonnaHomeInspector.com
www.MinnesotaCommercialBuildingInspections.com

URL: www.owatonnahomeinspector.com
Title: Critical Eye Property Inspections
Description: Providing...

Re: Finally moving from XP to 8.1 and need to know what to do. 9 years 3 months ago #59970

What Jeffrey said is true. You need to make sure you're backing up your data! If you've been uploading your templates to the HIP Cloud then you can grab your template from there but it's also important that you're backing your machine up with a service like Carbonite (which I use too).

Dominic Maricic
Home Inspector Pro Home Inspection Software - CEO
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.186 seconds
© 2004-2024 Home Inspector Pro Inc. All Rights Reserved.