• 888-750-4777
  • This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Looking for Laptop Suggestions

Looking for Laptop Suggestions 9 years 4 months ago #59804

Hello Everyone,

I have been using a 2goPC for the past 4 years and am wanting to upgrade to a new laptop.  I carry the laptop with me and input the info into HIP while I am doing the inspections.  Seems to work very well for me.  I'm not really interested in the notepad or mobile phone alternative.  It has been a long time since I have shopped for a laptop and I know there are plenty of new options to choose from.  I have read some of the posts about the Surface Pro 3 and it sounds intriguing.  I guess my main requirement would be to be able to plug the SD card from my camera into the new laptop to bulk load the photos.  Again, this works very well for me.

Any suggestions on what laptops I should look at would be greatly appreciated!  Thanks for your time!

Toby
The Inspector
Mesa, Arizona

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Toby Karlquist
The Inspector Home Inspections
Mesa, Arizona

Re: Looking for Laptop Suggestions 9 years 4 months ago #59808

I love my Surface Pro 3. Yes you can load your SD Card directly into it.

Dominic Maricic
Home Inspector Pro Home Inspection Software - CEO

Re: Looking for Laptop Suggestions 9 years 4 months ago #59810

Thanks Dominic.  I'm guessing that if the guy who writes the main software that I will be using endorses this device, that can't be a bad thing!  I'll be heading to a large blue store to check it out.

Thanks!

t

Toby Karlquist
Mesa, Arizona

Re: Looking for Laptop Suggestions 9 years 4 months ago #59811

Toby... I've used pen input devices for years... Thinkpads & the sony tap 11. As much as I like the mobile app in trial ... I like prefer the full ver.

The surface pro 3 would be perfect... The aspect ratio is ideal, N-trig(not Wacom)pen input is excellent, much better than the pc2go.

Dan Musielski
Inspector/Engineer
Assured Home Inspections; Batavia, IL
www.InspectThatHouse.com

See us in the Fox News Channel! FOX NEWS Shattered Dreams
www.foxnews.com/us/2010/10/13/foreclosur...ickens-experts-fear/

Re: Looking for Laptop Suggestions 9 years 4 months ago #59816

Thanks Dan - More good info!  I have just started looking at the different options.  I need to decide if I want a more robust laptop that I can do other things with or keep it simple and just get something that runs HIP (full version) well for inspections.  And all of this before the big HIP Upgrade sale goes away! ;D  Let the games begin!

t

Toby Karlquist
Mesa, Arizona

Re: Looking for Laptop Suggestions 9 years 1 month ago #60558

What is the ideal resolution for HIP?
I have the 2go PC's version of a tablet and It requires way to much scrolling to see the whole screen and it is virtually useless in landscape.I'm considering an Acer aspire Switch 10. It has a resolution of 1280x800. It runs windows 8 and is a touchscreen. Does any one have experience with this computer?

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.189 seconds
© 2004-2024 Home Inspector Pro Inc. All Rights Reserved.