• 888-750-4777
  • This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: $249 Headache

$249 Headache 9 years 5 months ago #59407

MAC users be advised that upgrading to HIP 4 is not a smooth transition. My problems have been as follows:

- Must re-assign default template. Make sure you do this before you start a new report.
- I'm unable to set my most used template as the default template. So make sure it's the right template before you start your inspection.
- Must re-login to ISN in order to down load customer info. I'm unable to even get customer info from ISN into HIP.
- I hope this is the extent of it.

For the price I would of liked to of seen:

- A more robust formatting when creating comments.
- A search function would be nice for finding comments when trying to copy and paste from one section to another.
- Importing a .PDF into report and being able to put in anywhere. The edit document feature is nice but a real pain in the rear.

Dominic sorry for knocking you program/upgrade, otherwise I love it!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: $249 Headache 9 years 5 months ago #59409

Hi Luke,

Upgrading to HIP 4 requires a new license file which is why you needed to resassign your default template (this should take you about 30 seconds). If you can't set it, you need to call us to help you as there's no reason that wouldn't work.

The ISN issue has nothing to do with HIP actually. ISN made changes to their servers yesterday. We are working on the issue right now (literally, I'm talking with Chris from ISN at this moment).

HIP 4 was just another update after HIP 3.9. We added a ton of new features and definitely have a TON more on the to-do list. We've had 7 updates since HIP 4 was released so far so just hold on!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Dominic Maricic
Home Inspector Pro Home Inspection Software - CEO
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.188 seconds
© 2004-2024 Home Inspector Pro Inc. All Rights Reserved.