• 888-750-4777
  • This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Any hope for 8" tablets?

Any hope for 8" tablets? 9 years 5 months ago #59194

I currently trying out HIP on a Dell Venue 8 Pro which I purchased specifically to use on inspections. I wish I had seen Peter's experience with the same computer's screen being too small for him, as I'm also finding the screen too small. So, I've got a few questions. I'm using the trial version of HIP, and can't zoom in with the screen. Is this the case with the full version of HIP? Does anyone have any suggestions that could make HIP usable with the 8" screen? (besides glasses ;)

Thanks in advance for any help.
Todd

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: Any hope for 8" tablets? 9 years 5 months ago #59195

it is very tough on an 8 inch windows tablet , I had same issue ,,, by time you make you spend the time making fonts bigger you find out that the tabs and icons wont be readable ... the smallest screen for a windows version I would stay with is 12 inch . I am using the surface pro 3 and a note 2 phone ...

Re: Any hope for 8" tablets? 9 years 5 months ago #59197

Thanks, Les. I was hoping to enter inspection data directly into a manageable size tablet, but it looks like I'll end up using a setup similar to yours. 

Re: Any hope for 8" tablets? 9 years 5 months ago #59199

You can increase font size under Edit->Program Font Size and reduce the resolution under the control panel to see if there's a combination you like. Unfortunately the 8" tablets have a very high resolution and a small screen. The older 10" tablets worked awesome. It really just depends on how low of a quality resolution they have.

Dominic Maricic
Home Inspector Pro Home Inspection Software - CEO

Re: Any hope for 8" tablets? 9 years 5 months ago #59200

Thanks Dominic, I'll play around with the those settings.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.174 seconds
© 2004-2024 Home Inspector Pro Inc. All Rights Reserved.