• 888-750-4777
  • This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Downloading photos from a Samsung Galaxy S3 to a Mac WorkBook Pro

Downloading photos from a Samsung Galaxy S3 to a Mac WorkBook Pro 9 years 7 months ago #58925

I'm sure I'm missing something very simple, but for the life of me I don't have a clue what it could be. Obviously, the Samsung S3 is not compatible with the Mac WorkBook, and in order to insert photos into an inspection report, I have been emailing them to myself, then downloading onto the computer in order to see the photos. When hooking the phone up directly to the computer, it only shows a black screen with a jpeg. number. Would trading a Samsung for an IPhone allow for me to view, and then select, the pictures I want to add to the report? And hopefully eliminate the time consuming step of emailing and downloading the pictures?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: Downloading photos from a Samsung Galaxy S3 to a Mac WorkBook Pro 9 years 7 months ago #58926

When you plug the S3 in you should see a drive come up. Do you not?

Dominic Maricic
Home Inspector Pro Home Inspection Software - CEO

Re: Downloading photos from a Samsung Galaxy S3 to a Mac WorkBook Pro 9 years 7 months ago #58930

Got it figured out Dom, thank you for the clue. No drive icon was ever presented to me, but was finally able to navigate the iPhoto features and get the pictures I need more quickly. Sometimes I can't see the forest.....

Thanks again for the help, we really appreciate it. (We being the operative word, my wife is happier as well)

Re: Downloading photos from a Samsung Galaxy S3 to a Mac WorkBook Pro 9 years 7 months ago #58932

I have done what you are trying to do with Drop Box. No need to connect the phone to the computer.

Re: Downloading photos from a Samsung Galaxy S3 to a Mac WorkBook Pro 9 years 7 months ago #58933

Thanks mark, I'll have to investigate that app. Generally pretty conservative when it comes to downloading apps from a source not directly affiliated with either Samsung or Apple, but I suppose its time to get acquainted with new technology. I appreciate the tip.

Re: Downloading photos from a Samsung Galaxy S3 to a Mac WorkBook Pro 9 years 7 months ago #58934

Dropbox is awesome William and one of the programs I use to back up my machine.

Dominic Maricic
Home Inspector Pro Home Inspection Software - CEO
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.199 seconds
© 2004-2024 Home Inspector Pro Inc. All Rights Reserved.