• 888-750-4777
  • This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Transferring of templates between computers

Transferring of templates between computers 9 years 7 months ago #58853

Been using hand written notes in the field and doing reports on my desktop PC.I'd like to use a Surface pro 3 in the field to save time and complete the reports in the office either on the desktop or Surface Pro.Can I transfer the latest versions of the template that I use from the desktop to the tablet and vice versa? I have the HIP cloud service, but not the mobile app.Would I be able to eliminate my pocket camera and easily transfer photos from the tablet into the inspection report, and to my desktop if necessary?
Any suggestions to simplify any of the above would be appreciated.
Is the desktop software compatible with any voice recognition software or any future plans along these lines?Would be nice not to have to type on the tablet in the field.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: Transferring of templates between computers 9 years 7 months ago #58854

yes you sure can ... all template are stored in C:\Program Files (x86)\Home Inspector Pro\Data ? ,copy template file and move to data folder in other computer , ? you can copy from many different ways , USB , CD , or what i do is i e-mail it to my self the template and the download it to the new computer , this way I also have a copy of the template in an old email I can go back to incase something happens ,, to make things easy I make an on desktop short cut to the data folder for quick access .. hope that helps ? . I also have the surface pro 3 and go back and forth from surface and desktop..

Last Edit: by les jansson.

Re: Transferring of templates between computers 9 years 7 months ago #58862

Les,
Do you use your tablet during the inspections? If so, do you use it to take photos also?
Does anybody know if a voice recognition program can work with HIP software on the Surface pro3?

Re: Transferring of templates between computers 9 years 7 months ago #58864

Hey bob , I sometimes use the windows tablet when I know home is vacant and I have time ... I mostly use my phone ,, I do notice that my phone takes better pics then tablet ,, what I do for the tablet is I have a Wifi card that I use in camera , this feature transfers all pics taken with camera over to the tablet , from t here I just batch all photos ,, thst tablet pics today are not very good yet ...

Re: Transferring of templates between computers 9 years 7 months ago #58867

Thanks, I appreciate your help.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.239 seconds
© 2004-2024 Home Inspector Pro Inc. All Rights Reserved.