• 888-750-4777
  • This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: PC with windows 7 and tablet with windows 8 question

PC with windows 7 and tablet with windows 8 question 9 years 11 months ago #57922

I am thinking about getting HIP and using it in the field, but I would also like to comeback to my office and check everything out on my laptop and edit anything I need to before I send out the report. My question is, do I only need to buy one inspection software program for both my pc and tablet or do I need two? Also can I transfer the information from my tablet to my pc without the cloud service if both systems are using Windows based systems. Windows 7 for the lap top and windows 8 for the tablet.

Thanks

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: PC with windows 7 and tablet with windows 8 question 9 years 11 months ago #57924

You just need one copy. The software is sold per inspector. So with the full version you can put it on as many Windows/Mac machines you personally use.

Dominic Maricic
Home Inspector Pro Home Inspection Software - CEO

Re: PC with windows 7 and tablet with windows 8 question 9 years 11 months ago #57926

Is there a disadvantage using a windows tablet vs. a Samsung Note 3 in the field? Time is money both in the field and writing the report. I have developed my own report that my clients like, however I use a clipboard in the field and then imput data and comments in the office. I need to streamline the process while maintaining quality.

Just looking for helpful advise.

Thanks

Re: PC with windows 7 and tablet with windows 8 question 9 years 11 months ago #57934

Personal preference. The Windows Tablet's strength is handwriting recognition which some swear by and others hate. The Note 3 has awesome voice recognition and a smaller size. Some like the smaller size, some want larger. The Note is going to force you to finish more in the field where with the Windows devices you need to make sure you finish on site and don't allow yourself to take work home (where it takes longer due to the environment). The Windows tablet can finish & generate the report on site. The Note can't but you can take photos directly within the section.

Dominic Maricic
Home Inspector Pro Home Inspection Software - CEO

Re: PC with windows 7 and tablet with windows 8 question 9 years 10 months ago #57959

David...

there are many different ways to use HIP in the field. You need to find what works best for you. I Personally use a Windows 8 Tablet that has an RF detached keyboard. I used a digital pen for years (Wacaom and N-trig) which I use less and less now.

On my last inspection I experimented using my tablet in a vertical mode with thumbs on each side. It worked quite well....the biggest draw back was where I had (2)Selection Panels at the top of the screen, most of my comments couldn't be read.

Dan Musielski
Inspector/Engineer
Assured Home Inspections; Batavia, IL
www.InspectThatHouse.com

See us in the Fox News Channel! FOX NEWS Shattered Dreams
www.foxnews.com/us/2010/10/13/foreclosur...ickens-experts-fear/

Re: PC with windows 7 and tablet with windows 8 question 9 years 10 months ago #57960

Dan, what size tablet is yours an 8 inch or 10 inch +. The thing I am wondering about the most is the ability to read the text easily or will the font size be to small.

Everything is a balance, size unit, size text and the ability to use easily in the field. I am most familiar with windows operating systems, but that shouldn't mean that maybe I shouldn't work with something else. I really like the 8 inch size tablet but the ability to adjust the text size for a windows unit I question.

I would like to thank you and Dominic for your input.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.190 seconds
© 2004-2024 Home Inspector Pro Inc. All Rights Reserved.