• 888-750-4777
  • This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Search Engine Spiders, What are they and How they Affect Your Website

Search Engine Spiders, What are they and How they Affect Your Website 16 years 3 months ago #2

Search engines are an inspectors best friend (or at least can be). They drive traffic to your website and hook you up with jobs. It's extremely important for you to get your site to the top of the list when someone is searching for an inspector in your area.

The way that your site gets listed and the text used in the description is determined partially by what's known as a search engine 'spider' for the way they crawl through the web (no need for arachnaphobia here).

Depending on your website logs you can actually see when the spiders look at your site. For our site www.HomeInspectorPro.com approximately 40 spiders visit a day and crawl through the entire site.

Spiders see the web differently than your clients will. It's extremely important that the text on your page is readable by the spiders as the text is a large part of what determines your ranking. They don't see graphics, they don't see flash. Some can read PDF's.

Check out www.iwebtool.com/spider_view and type your website into the box and view your site through the eyes of a spider. You might be very surprised. I've looked at sites that were full of content but due to errors on the page the spider only saw the first paragraph, completely missing the rest content. If this is happening to you, you have to figure out why. Post your site here if you'd like me to look at it and help you out.

More tips to come!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Dominic Maricic
Home Inspector Pro Home Inspection Software - CEO
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.153 seconds
© 2004-2024 Home Inspector Pro Inc. All Rights Reserved.