• 888-750-4777
  • This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Auto-populate from another section

Auto-populate from another section 8 years 1 month ago #62593

This one's a little more advanced. Is there a way to create duplicate comments in other sections automatically?

For example, I have a section toward the beginning that lists specific limitations - Basement was 50% finished, concealing structure. Attic was 75% floored, limiting evaluation. Etc. Is there a way to auto-copy the same comment to the Basement/Attic/whatever relevant section of the report? It would cut down on time and eliminate any chance of conflicting information since now I have to enter it in twice and make sure the same %'s appear in both sections. Also some comments are relevant to multiple sections anyway and it would be convenient if it didn't have to be selected for each section.

Thanks

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: Auto-populate from another section 8 years 1 month ago #62614

Hi John,

I don't think I've ever seen reports with the exact same comments in multiple section. I don't understand from your example why you're doing this, could you please explain more?

Dominic Maricic
Home Inspector Pro Home Inspection Software - CEO

Re: Auto-populate from another section 8 years 1 month ago #62625

I have a damage selection towards the front of my report. It contains comments like "Roof was approximately [#]% covered in snow. Evaluation and determination of condition was limited to the visible portions only." I fill in the [#] with each inspection. The same comment is in the roof section. A redundancy, I know, but the reports are 40+ pages long and a comment like this cuts down on the unhappy camper calls I get. Anyway, rather than have to put in the comment twice and go back and forth to copy/paste, or worse, putting it in twice with different values for [#], making me look a fool, is there an easy way to put that information in automagically? Or create a variable like %amountsnowonroof for ease use in comments?

Re: Auto-populate from another section 8 years 1 month ago #62628

There's no way to have comments automatically appear in multiple sections. In the last 12 years I think you're the first to request something like this. If others are interested we can look into it as all features added are user voted on.

Adding new variables in the future could be a possibility.

Dominic Maricic
Home Inspector Pro Home Inspection Software - CEO

Re: Auto-populate from another section 7 years 11 months ago #62860

I have created a few comments that are the same for Texas reporting.  "AC breaker is over-sized" in Electrical section and same for the AC section of Cooling.  Just create it once in each area and save the Template. You can use the pull downs to put in common variables  ....Percent complete :<<percentage pull down>>

Hope this helps.

LINK URL: www.el-paso-home-inspector.com
BODY: NACHI Certified Inspector. Home Inspections serving El Paso, TX and surrounding areas.
TITLE: FYI Property Inspection  
STATE:Texas
DESCRIPTION: Providing Home Inspections in El Paso, Canutillo, Horizon, Socorro, and Anthony, TX...
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.193 seconds
© 2004-2024 Home Inspector Pro Inc. All Rights Reserved.