• 888-750-4777
  • This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Colored Narratives on HIP Mobile

Colored Narratives on HIP Mobile 8 years 5 months ago #61982

I have looked and looked but haven't found this yet. I use color coded narratives, red for major problems, blue for maintenance tips, etc. and the colored narratives don't show up on HIP Mobile, only a number as a placeholder. Would it be possible to have the text colored like on the desktop version?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Tom Salcido
Certified Professional Inspector
Owner
Enter In Inspection Services
Serving the Inland Empire and beyond!

Re: Colored Narratives on HIP Mobile 8 years 5 months ago #61985

Hi Tom,

We purposely just show the number which represents the color. Red is already a serious comment so don't add that as an advanced color (just adds an unneeded number). Since HIP mobile is one tap for normal comments and two for summary we needed to still show that somehow. If we colored the comments is could conflict with the colors to show that the comment is selected. For example if you have green comments but green is the color to select comments. The other issue is that adding more colors makes it harder for mobile to draw the screen out and causes scrolling to stutter.

Dominic Maricic
Home Inspector Pro Home Inspection Software - CEO

Re: Colored Narratives on HIP Mobile 8 years 5 months ago #61991

Well how about eliminating the number placeholder from the end users view in HIP Mobile?

Tom Salcido
Owner

Re: Colored Narratives on HIP Mobile 8 years 5 months ago #61994

The numbers show so you know what color narrative it is and can change it if needed. They do not appear on the report like that.

Dominic Maricic
Home Inspector Pro Home Inspection Software - CEO

Re: Colored Narratives on HIP Mobile 8 years 5 months ago #61995

Oh I know that. I'm saying to be able to turn on or off the colors, or not be able to see the numbers at all. I guess you would have to understand how I have my copy set up to know what I'm thinking.

Tom Salcido
Owner
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.182 seconds
© 2004-2024 Home Inspector Pro Inc. All Rights Reserved.