• 888-750-4777
  • This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Text Formatting Control

Text Formatting Control 8 years 7 months ago #61776

I was wondering if it would be possible, when in the edit comment field, that when working in the actual text window, if there can be some type of measuring line across the top of the text box to allow manual formatting of the text. Setting actually tabs would be awesome.

I want to be able to format my text to look like

BASEMENT
                CONDITION: Mold/Mildew Suspected
           IMPLICATIONS: Possible blah blah balh. <CR>
                Possible health issues.
RECOMMENDATIONS: Clean & Improve
              TIME FRAME: Less than 1 year
          OTHER NOTES:  Blah blah blah <CR>
                Blah blah blah blah.

I know that changing fonts types and sizes completely change the formatting but at least I would have the guidelines across the top to know where I am actually using <CR>s for the PDF view.

Okay, harder to due in this message. The ":" are to be in a single column. It should look professional... sigh.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Jeff Kloetstra
Ontario Real Estate Inspections
Servicing the London Ontario Region
www.orei.ca
Last Edit: by Jeff Kloetstra.

Re: Text Formatting Control 8 years 7 months ago #61777

Hi Jeff,

Are you using the description text on the left of each panel? That's really what those are there for. Unfortunately the PDF language we use doesn't respect tabs though this is something we've been trying to find a way around.

Dominic Maricic
Home Inspector Pro Home Inspection Software - CEO

Re: Text Formatting Control 8 years 7 months ago #61783

I am unsure what you are talking about with the descriptive text on the left hand side... are you saying I should create a combination of 6 selection and damage panels for one comment?

As for the tabbing, I realize that what is typed in your comment box will not look the same in the pdf.

What I was thinking is like the old dos versions of wordstar there used to be a reference line across the top of the writing area. See the wordstar image attached.

Attachments:

Jeff Kloetstra
Ontario Real Estate Inspections
Servicing the London Ontario Region
www.orei.ca

Re: Text Formatting Control 8 years 7 months ago #61796

Kind of. I'm suggesting one section of the report called Basement and separate items (panels) for each thing under it.

Dominic Maricic
Home Inspector Pro Home Inspection Software - CEO
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.197 seconds
© 2004-2024 Home Inspector Pro Inc. All Rights Reserved.