• 888-750-4777
  • This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Keyboard Shortcuts on desktop HUGE TIME SAVER

Keyboard Shortcuts on desktop HUGE TIME SAVER 8 years 9 months ago #61339

I think that would be a HUGE time saver. I love the software, but it drives me crazy that there are very minimal keyboard shortcuts. Something like Command+Right Arrow (Control+Right Arrow for PC) for moving to the next tab while inside of a section. I think that moving up and down with the mouse wastes so much time. Every time you have to move from mouse to keyboard, it is a little wasted time. But if you don't have to take your hand off the keyboard, you save that time. Just like Select All and then Copy.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: Keyboard Shortcuts on desktop HUGE TIME SAVER 8 years 9 months ago #61340

We actually have a few keyboard shortcuts on the to-do list right now for this exact reason. HIP was originally designed with tablets with stylus's in mind which is why not too many were added but there's definitely a need for it.

Dominic Maricic
Home Inspector Pro Home Inspection Software - CEO

Re: Keyboard Shortcuts on desktop HUGE TIME SAVER 8 years 9 months ago #61341

That's awesome Dom. Other ones that I can think of right now are: Enter to say OK instead of jump to next line while editing a comment (jumping to the next line doesn't seem to affect the final look of the comment anyway), Shift+Mouse click to select a series of comments, instead of having to select each one in between, Arrow keys to move comments (instead of having to mouse the arrows on the left), etc. I can think of plenty more while I'm actually sitting there working on an inspection. But that is killer to know that you guys are working on it.

Re: Keyboard Shortcuts on desktop HUGE TIME SAVER 8 years 9 months ago #61343

Travis when editing comments hitting the enter key definitely should work. Can you give me an example of where you have it not working?

Dominic Maricic

Re: Keyboard Shortcuts on desktop HUGE TIME SAVER 8 years 9 months ago #61344

Yeah Dom. Any time I go to edit a comment. I either double click the comment, and it brings up the edit window, or hit edit, and do it from there. I am on a Mac, so it is actually a return key, but figured it would be the same. I hit Return, and it just goes to the next line, like I am starting a new paragraph. Not sure if that makes sense, that's really the only way I know how to explain it.

Re: Keyboard Shortcuts on desktop HUGE TIME SAVER 8 years 9 months ago #61376

That's what it's supposed to do, go to the next line. Is the new line not showing in the report?

Dominic Maricic
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.203 seconds
© 2004-2024 Home Inspector Pro Inc. All Rights Reserved.