• 888-750-4777
  • This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: HIP 4, Item Separator, RecallChek & Ratings

HIP 4, Item Separator, RecallChek & Ratings 9 years 6 months ago #58975

I downloaded 4 yesterday and have my license file.  I have it all installed and working.  About About tells me I am running 4.0.6.  Some of the items that are described as being fixed are not fixed for me.  The item separator problem did not get fixed.  It is still being changed from New Line & Bullet (detault) to Comma for the 1st tab in the 1st section. 

RecallChek problems did not get fixed.  It still does not retain the settings and it is bringing in old data.  Also, I need more lines on the RC page.

New problems - I use a 2nd screen attached to my laptop.  I have HIP on the 2nd screen.  When I edit an item, it opens the new window on the laptop screen.  It did not work this way with 3.9.  Can you make it open all windows on the same screen as HIP?

Thanks.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

HIP 4, Item Separator, RecallChek & Ratings 9 years 6 months ago #58982

Hi Eric,

Can you send me an email with templates, an inspections file and the exact steps to replicate the RC issue? That's not something that was in our fix notes.

The item separator issue was happening in quite a few sections before. I thought we had it completely resolved but am glad to see it's at least only happening on one tab. Something still must be off in the mobile to desktop conversion. Make sure you've uploaded a fresh template from HIP 4 to the cloud though just to make sure.

I noticed the popup on new screen when I was at a conference in Georgia last weekend. That's not something we programmed. I'm guessing it has to do with a change in Java 7. I thought it was just me but guess not. I'll dig some more into this.

Dominic Maricic
Home Inspector Pro Home Inspection Software - CEO

HIP 4, Item Separator, RecallChek & Ratings 9 years 6 months ago #58983

I have not used a HIP 4 template on HIP Mobile yet.  I just got HIP 4 working last night to finish the report.  I have saved a HIP 4 template, uploaded and downloaded to my phone.  I will use it today and try.  I only have one inspection today, so I will let you know this afternoon if I see any changes.  After I go through that process and have a template that has been up down up down, I will send it to you.

Item separator - I have only had problems with the 1st tab in the 1st section.  Once in a blue moon, it will change three-four tabs in the 1st section only.  It does not change in any other tab.

RecallChek - I am surprised that was not included in the fixes.  I have been complaining about it for 6+ months.  I thought I saw a post that it was being fixed.  Nevertheless...  I have the RecallCheck Data Collection page set.  If I open my template and open that page it looks correct.  When I download an inspection that was created on HIP Mobile, the RecallChek Data Collection page loses settings and is retaining data.  The page as three settings - type of equipment, HIP section and HIP tab in that section.  It loses the HIP tab setting.  And, it has data populated in the fields from old inspections.  I have to reset the page for each inspection. 

I also need HIP to send the serial number to RecallChek.  I know that it is not necessary but there are times that it affects a recall.  Also, if you do not populate it in RecallChek, it prints on the report that it was no available when the serial number is clearly visible on the label.  That does not make me look good.  So, I manually enter the serial number on the RecallChek web site.

And, I need more slots.  The RecallChek Data Collection page has 25 slots.  That used to be enough.  However, I am doing many larger houses now and 25 slots is not enough.  Can you double it?  Or, can you give me a way to add more lines?

Thanks for all you do. 

HIP 4, Item Separator, RecallChek & Ratings 9 years 6 months ago #58984

HIP 4 saved template that was sent uploaded and downloaded to phone, used for inspection, uploaded and downloaded to PC.  The item separator was correct and I did not have to change.

The RC page is now blank.  It retained the item type but lost the HIP section and HIP tab info.  All the data fields are blank. 

I will email the template and inspection file to Dominick.  Thanks.

HIP 4, Item Separator, RecallChek & Ratings 9 years 6 months ago #58985

Learned a little more as I completed the inspection report...

The RC page has not data because this is the first inspection.  I am sure if I save this template, up/down the template and up/down an inspection, it will have old data in it.  That is how it has been working in the past.

A new problem...my options for Rating Mark disappeared.  If you choose Report Settings, Ratings, Ratings Options - look at the list for Type of the Rating Mark.  I have always used the Bold X.  Now, my only option is the plain X.  When I first started using HIP4, it had defaulted to the plain X.  I changed it to the Bold X and saved the template.  Now that I have up/down the template, used it for an inspection and up/down the inspection, the Rating Mark Options show the plain X and empty boxes for the others.

Thanks.

HIP 4, Item Separator, RecallChek & Ratings 9 years 6 months ago #58986

What version of HIP do you have Eric? Check under About->About. That issue with ratings was resolved. I'm going to fork this thread so it doesn't get mixed up with v4 notes.

Dominic Maricic
Home Inspector Pro Home Inspection Software - CEO
Time to create page: 0.185 seconds
© 2004-2024 Home Inspector Pro Inc. All Rights Reserved.