• 888-750-4777
  • This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Raised Foundation

Raised Foundation 9 years 5 months ago #59389

Good afternoon, I�m a real estate appraiser located in Florida.  The property I�m working on is a 1.5 story brick home with brick piers built in 1900 with possible settlement issues. The exterior walls and brick piers look pretty solid (No Cracks) but I noticed someone has added an additional pier consisting of 2 concrete blocks and scrap wood, not sure if it has a footer. While walking through the first floor it�s very noticeable that the floor leans to the West and the subfloor is uneven. I�m calling for inspection but wanted to get some opinions on what I should be looking for. Thanks
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: Raised Foundation 9 years 5 months ago #59399

With all due respect, but what does any of those concerns have to do with Appraising the home for it's current market value? Refer it for an inspection and repair cost estimates from appropriate contractors. 

Jeffrey R. Jonas
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

FB: www.facebook.com/MN.Home.Inspector

www.JRJConsultants.net
www.OwatonnaHomeInspector.com
www.MinnesotaCommercialBuildingInspections.com

URL: www.owatonnahomeinspector.com
Title: Critical Eye Property Inspections
Description: Providing...

Re: Raised Foundation 9 years 5 months ago #59406

Refer it for an inspection and repair cost estimates from appropriate contractors.

Agree, photo's can give a miss-leading impression as to what is happening.

Attempting to diagnose defects from limited / random photos is not a recipe for sound advice.

Title: pre purchase building surveys
Url: www.propertyhealthcheck.ie
Body: Our thorough Pre-Purchase Building Survey will mean that YOU won?t get stuck buying a Money Pit. We offer Premium Pre-Purchase Building Surveys that assist our clients in making informed decisions before buying their...
Last Edit: by Peter Sweeney.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.192 seconds
© 2004-2024 Home Inspector Pro Inc. All Rights Reserved.