• 888-750-4777
  • This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Foundation and Water Leaks

Foundation and Water Leaks 9 years 7 months ago #58645

We are ? buying a 1979 build split ranch . ?  While we will go for an Inspection, ? there are a few issues which I have concerns --
1) The foundation wall (outside) ? has a stucco covering which is cracking in multiple places. The concrete under looks good. ?  I am attaching some pictures. ? Is it of concern ?

2) There are water stains on outer walls near window ? and in some cases on baseboard. ? I checked with a moisture meter and it shows about 5% which I think is not abnormal . ?  Should I be concerned ?

3) I also checked the carpeted floor ? of upper level and moisture meter shows around 7% .

Inside (lower level) ? looks good. ? They also have a kitchen in the lower level with old appliances. ? So apparently they never had any major water problem in basement.

The house is unoccupied at present ? and has old roof .

PS:  Sorry , The photos got attached upside down
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last Edit: by Krish Chak.

Re: Foundation and Water Leaks 9 years 7 months ago #58649

All of those are great questions to ask your Professional Home Inspector at the time of your inspection. I recommend you discuss all your concerns beforehand so your inspector can be sure to address your needs and concerns while he/she inspects without having to backtrack afterwards.

Good luck! I'm sure your inspection will provide the answers you require.

Jeffrey R. Jonas
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

FB: www.facebook.com/MN.Home.Inspector

www.JRJConsultants.net
www.OwatonnaHomeInspector.com
www.MinnesotaCommercialBuildingInspections.com

URL: www.owatonnahomeinspector.com
Title: Critical Eye Property Inspections
Description: Providing...

Re: Foundation and Water Leaks 9 years 7 months ago #58652

Hi Krish,

Where are you located? It's definitely easier to diagnose things when the inspector is actually there. We might be able to recommend someone based on your location.

Dominic Maricic
Home Inspector Pro Home Inspection Software - CEO

Re: Foundation and Water Leaks 9 years 7 months ago #58654

Please keep in mind that an inspectors duties are to investigate for concerns, NOT diagnose problems. Many inspectors are qualified, and will take the time to investigate beyond their SOP's, but it is not required of them. You should always discuss your concerns when hiring an inspector so he/she has the opportunity to manage your expectations.

Jeffrey R. Jonas
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

FB: www.facebook.com/MN.Home.Inspector

www.JRJConsultants.net
www.OwatonnaHomeInspector.com
www.MinnesotaCommercialBuildingInspections.com

URL: www.owatonnahomeinspector.com
Title: Critical Eye Property Inspections
Description: Providing...

Re: Foundation and Water Leaks 9 years 6 months ago #58889

So an inspection was completed.  The only major concern Inspector found was in the Basement Bath  where  he saw water wicking through the bath door frame.  Rest of the house , including rest of basement, does not show any water issue.    Seller says water is from his Children playing in Bath with water.       

What type of professional will be able to identify the exact cause of this ?

Re: Foundation and Water Leaks 9 years 6 months ago #58893

A plumber or a waterproofing contractor.

Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.189 seconds
© 2004-2024 Home Inspector Pro Inc. All Rights Reserved.