• 888-750-4777
  • This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Where can I find noise inspection

Re: Where can I find noise inspection 12 years 11 months ago #40710

• Dana Bostick
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Against the grain is a way of life.
  • Thank you received: 0
There are methods for sound reduction on windows. It's done all the time around airports. I see it here in Los Angeles around the airport all the time.  It usually involves a secondary set of window panes, mounted on the inside. In Los Angeles, it was part of a noise abatement project as the result of a law suit I believe.
You may be getting more noise on the upstairs rooms due to height above ground.  Buildings and other things may be partially blocking the sound on the lower floor but are not doing so on the upper floors.  Here in Los Angeles, they build high "sound walls" along the freeways to block most of the sound from traffic from reaching the houses adjacent to the roadway.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

True Professionals, Inc. Home inspections and Property Consultation, Litigation Support, HOA Maintenance Consulting
www.HomeInspection-LosAngeles.com
Certified Infrared Thermographer www.MagicLeakFinders.com
www.Thermal-Diagnostics.com
All services provided in the Southern...

Re: Where can I find noise inspection 12 years 11 months ago #40788

Do the noises coincide with high winds?  If the so, the wind might be blowing past some kind of void causing the whistle sound.

HLC Home Inspections LLC
www.OklahomaHomeInspector.biz
We are a licensed inspector for the state of Oklahoma.?  Our focus is Oklahoma City, Moore, Mustang, Yukon, Tuttle, and many other areas surrounding OKC.
HLC-Home-Inspections-Oklahoma-City

HLC Home Inspections LLC...

Re: Where can I find noise inspection 12 years 11 months ago #41297

Thanks for your replies. ( I just come back from vacation - with no noise )

Dana, We are now thinking of install sound absorption curtain, or so called acoustic curtain. Do you think it could help?

John, The noise stays there all the time no matter there are high winds or not. One day there are concert outside of our building,  I can clearly hear louder sound from the concert in my bedroom than my living room. This makes me think it might be some issue with the windows in bedroom ( quality issue? or maybe they are not installed properly? ), But I don't know how to prove it.

Re: Where can I find noise inspection 12 years 11 months ago #41298

• Dana Bostick
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Against the grain is a way of life.
  • Thank you received: 0
Sound curtains may help, time will tell if you install them. I know the double window systems seem to work. I've been in these houses near the airport with a big jet flying over and it reduced teh noise considerably. I think it would be impossible to totally eliminate it.

True Professionals, Inc. Home inspections and Property Consultation, Litigation Support, HOA Maintenance Consulting
www.HomeInspection-LosAngeles.com
Certified Infrared Thermographer www.MagicLeakFinders.com
www.Thermal-Diagnostics.com
All services provided in the Southern...
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.198 seconds
© 2004-2024 Home Inspector Pro Inc. All Rights Reserved.