• 888-750-4777
  • This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Need some information from a home inspector.

Need some information from a home inspector. 13 years 3 months ago #37414

• Robert
  • Robert's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Hello, Guys
I'm a firefighter in Orlando,fl. I'm starting a dryer vent cleaning business.  You guys probably already know that dirty dryer vents are one of the leading causes of house fires. I have a little delima in trying to find some inspection tools for my business and I was hoping you guys could help me.
I am looking for an inspection camera that I can put up the customers vent to show them how clean their vents are after the job. I would like for the camera to able to take still pictures that I can print out on a report for them. Do you guys know of any affordable inspection device that I could use for this? They don't make inspection software for dryer vent cleaning so I figured I would use home inspection software for the report part of this. Home inspector Pro looks pretty good. Can it work on a mac or Ipad? Any advice you guys can give will be of great help and I would be very grateful. Do you guys run across a lot of dirty vents while doing inspections? Do you think it would be beneficial to network with home inspectors in my area?

Have a blessed day, Robert

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: Need some information from a home inspector. 13 years 3 months ago #37415

Hi Robert,

You can definitely use Home Inspector Pro on a Mac. It will work on an iPad via a remote client as long as you have internet (basically controlling your Mac at home remotely). The iPad is still a bit weak for us to develop a dedicated application for. Making a template for your business in Home Inspector Pro (HIP) will be quite easy, just let us know if you need any help. You can use the trial to create a fully functional template before actually purchasing the software.

Check out hi-essentials.com/product/general-tools-...deo-borescope-system for a good camera. Some of the guys here have bought other models so I'm sure they'll give some suggestions as well.

Most inspectors are able to refer business out as long as they receive no compensation (once they do it's an ethics violation for all associations and most states). So I'd say it would still be beneficial to network with home inspectors.

Dominic Maricic
Home Inspector Pro Home Inspection Software - CEO

Re: Need some information from a home inspector. 13 years 3 months ago #37424

• Robert
Thanks for the information Dominic. That tool seems to be what I'm looking for. Is it easy to set up a template on your software for this purpose? Is there an extra fee for the template set-up? Do most home inspectors give the printed report on-site after the inspection? Or do they mail or e-mail it after they get back to thier office? What way do you think is best? If they do print it on-site, what type ( brand) of portable printer do they use?

Re: Need some information from a home inspector. 13 years 3 months ago #37427

Hi Robert,

Some guys print on site. There used to be a lot more but now many have gone 'green' and email them off when they get home. For a report as short as yours you could print really easily.

You can create the template on your own using the animated tutorials. If you really would rather we do it, send me what you want I can give you a price for creating one for you as well. I'd ju

Dominic Maricic

Re: Need some information from a home inspector. 13 years 3 months ago #37428

Oh, make sure you update your email address by clicking Edit Profile above. The server is trying to let you know that I've responded to your post but the emails are bouncing back.

Dominic Maricic

Re: Need some information from a home inspector. 13 years 3 months ago #37430

• Robert
Do you know what type of printer most inspectors use? Do they hook it up to an inverter for power? Now that I think of it, e-mailing it to them would be a good way for me to ask and get  their email address                                                                 

Thank You, Robert

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Time to create page: 0.195 seconds
© 2004-2024 Home Inspector Pro Inc. All Rights Reserved.