• 888-750-4777
  • This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Grading Blocks, or diverters?

Re: Grading Blocks, or diverters? 10 years 8 months ago #54290

Did the home have a Private well on that side of the home? Whenever I see the sump discharge to the opposite end of the home, there is almost always a well nearby (within 50 ft) of the sump pit, or the overall grading of the area would flow towards the home (10 ft to 1000+ ft).

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Jeffrey R. Jonas
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

FB: www.facebook.com/MN.Home.Inspector

www.JRJConsultants.net
www.OwatonnaHomeInspector.com
www.MinnesotaCommercialBuildingInspections.com

URL: www.owatonnahomeinspector.com
Title: Critical Eye Property Inspections
Description: Providing...

Re: Grading Blocks, or diverters? 10 years 8 months ago #54291

no private well, the sump pit was installed in March 2013. House built in the 50's, within 100 feet of major highway (US Rt 60) at the front. Over the years, the highway, along with surrounding growth in a business district, has been built up, so now the house is the lowest point in any direction.

the sump pit fills and the pump runs about every 15 minutes (or less). They say they ran the pipe, which is overhead in the basement, the length of the house to pick up a downspout on that corner, then empties into a small gravel pit they put in the yard 10 feet away. They could have ran the pipe straight up from the pump, which is in the opposite corner, and right outside the house. Under the sidewalk and 10 feet is an accessible storm drain that does not overflow, even in heavy rain. They were just too lazy to dig under or remove that section of walk to do it right.

I'm living in this s**t hole while trying to fix it up for her. She had all this work done without my input before it was done (I know where my wife gets her stubborness)

Just got done tearing out all the plumbing and wiring and fixing it right now on to the water intrusion!!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Always tell the truth, do what you promise, and do it righter than right..always
Title: Inspection Connection
URL: www.charleston-home-inspector.com
Body: Performing Home Inspections in all of WV: Charleston, Huntington, Teays, Hurricane, and surrounding areas
Keywords: Charleston Home Inspector, St...
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.177 seconds
© 2004-2024 Home Inspector Pro Inc. All Rights Reserved.