• 888-750-4777
  • This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: BEHIND THE BRICK - A rare glance

BEHIND THE BRICK - A rare glance 13 years 7 months ago #35005

Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Illinois- Tribuzio Home Inspection Services

www.thishomeinspector.com   (708) 453 8447

Home Inspection in Chicago land area and surrounding suburbs
Serving Chicago, Elmwood Park, Oak Park, Harwood Heights, Norridge, River Grove, Park Ridge and surrounding areas.

Re: BEHIND THE BRICK - A rare glance 13 years 7 months ago #35033

That just doesn't look right!

Dominic Maricic
Home Inspector Pro Home Inspection Software - CEO

Re: BEHIND THE BRICK - A rare glance 13 years 7 months ago #35104

I have seen it in the KC metro to.

"I create controversy whether they like it or not!

www.your-leaking-house.com/

www.badstucco.com

Re: BEHIND THE BRICK - A rare glance 13 years 6 months ago #35225

Since they didn't do a good job w/ the sheathing (it's pathetic, they have the old siding and some ply) they coulda, shoulda used a house wrap, even if it was felt paper, if not Tyvek for a proper seal of the inadaquate sheathing. Doesn't look like they are even using wall ties for the brick. If they were you could at least see some evidence of them at the edge of where the brick is ending and open on the side in pic, plus most masons will attach wall ties to the exterior walls ahead of themselves as they go along laying the brick which would show. Joseph are they using a different brick towards the right side or is the mortar still wet, which will also make the brick wet and make it look different before the mortar dries?
By the way, we do pay alot for 'Old Chicago' brick down here from the buildings ya'll tear down.

Title: San Antonio Home Inspections
Site: www.jwkhomeinspections.com
Body: JWK Inspections, San Antonio Home Inspector, Performing Home Inspections in San Antonio & all surrounding areas.
Keywords: San Antonio Home Inspections, New Home Construction Inspections, New Braunfels, Schertz, Home...
Last Edit: by Joe Keresztury.

Re: BEHIND THE BRICK - A rare glance 13 years 5 months ago #36307

Definately looks wrong.  I don't know about anyone else, but in my experiences replacing windows, I've found the least amount of moisture damage when the house has been wrapped with felt (tar) paper.  I really think Tyvek and other synthetic house wraps trap as much moisture as they are supposed to allow through.  With felt paper, I have yet to find the levels of moisture that newer construction seems to yield.  Thoughts?

Title: Root River Inspections
URL:  www.arochestermnhomeinspector.com
Body:  Root River Inspections serves Rochester, Winona, Red Wing, Austin, Albert Lea and surrounding Minnesota areas.
Meta Key:  Rochester home inspector, Winona home inspector, Red Wing home inspector, Albert...

Re: BEHIND THE BRICK - A rare glance 13 years 5 months ago #36309

Yes Casey there are a lot of problems with the house wraps . imo

"I create controversy whether they like it or not!

www.your-leaking-house.com/

www.badstucco.com
Time to create page: 0.233 seconds
© 2004-2024 Home Inspector Pro Inc. All Rights Reserved.