• 888-750-4777
  • This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: CL320 Meter and 400Amp (Dual 200 feeds)

Re: CL320 Meter and 400Amp (Dual 200 feeds) 9 years 5 months ago #59132

I may not be catching your drift...But
It appears you have bit off more than you can chew.
Commercial inspections are a whole new ball game. Way..Way beyond a home inspection. Yep!And at many time you don't know until you survey the site.
At many  times when I knew I was over my head I had licensed commercial electricians to do that work. I paid them for their reports.
You will learn as you go.
However, I really like your guts to give it a try.
Nothing ventured nothing gained.
Keep up the work.

Roy Lewis

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Last Edit: by Roy Lewis.

Re: CL320 Meter and 400Amp (Dual 200 feeds) 9 years 5 months ago #59133

Thanks Roy. It is a home inspection though and a licensed electrician told me it is 400 A split service feeding 2 mains (no subs) at 200 A each.  My whole question was really only is the CL320 rated for 400 a and is there a good online source for meter info.  Thanks

Last Edit: by Steven Anzelc CPI.

Re: CL320 Meter and 400Amp (Dual 200 feeds) 9 years 5 months ago #59134

The "320" designation is 80% of its maximum capacity, often called its "continuous rating" because it's rated to pass 80% of its full load "continuously."  With the CL320, the maximum would therefore be 400 amps.  Common installation for two 200 amp panels.

Highly unlikely they would ever be running 400 continuous amps.

There is nothing sweeter than the smell of fresh cut grass on a baseball infield, the click of a wooden bat and the taste of a hot dog at a warm sunny daytime double-header.

Re: CL320 Meter and 400Amp (Dual 200 feeds) 9 years 5 months ago #59164

Thanks Stephen, Perfect!

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.183 seconds
© 2004-2024 Home Inspector Pro Inc. All Rights Reserved.