• 888-750-4777
  • This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Is a CRAWLBOT worth the investment?

Is a CRAWLBOT worth the investment? 7 years 10 months ago #62969

I am new to the inspection profession.  After 6 months though I've found myself in a position of being very, very busy!  I have a drone I use for roofs in my area in Southern Oregon that I can't walk on such as concrete tile roofs.  What I have found is that I rarely use the drone (still fun though) but I believe I would have use for an rc car with a first person wireless camera mounted such as the "crawlbot".  About every other crawlspace in my area is too cramped to climb into.  Yesterday I found myself squeezing into an opening that was 10" high and 18"wide!  Once I got in, it was all I could do to move a few feet, let alone identify any defects.
I've heard of inspectors using these rc car/drones but am wondering if anyone has experience with them and if they are effective?  The "crawlbot" is pretty spendy at over $2k.  I think I could build a better unit for around $800.

Any input?  Thanks!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: Is a CRAWLBOT worth the investment? 7 years 10 months ago #62970

A link to the crawlbot, in case you've never seen one...

Re: Is a CRAWLBOT worth the investment? 7 years 10 months ago #62972

Not worth it for me. I need to see the crawl closeup and personal.

Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Re: Is a CRAWLBOT worth the investment? 3 years 9 months ago #66617

The crawlbot t6 is worth crawling in forbidden spots. I too am in oregon and I find the investment worth the cost.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.220 seconds
© 2004-2024 Home Inspector Pro Inc. All Rights Reserved.