• 888-750-4777
  • This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: JAVA(TM) Platform SE Binary (32bit) not responding

JAVA(TM) Platform SE Binary (32bit) not responding 8 years 1 month ago #62655

why does the hip program keep locking up, i have to end task in the task manager, sometimes i can open a second session and it will work fine. I removed Java and reinstalled no help.  i upgraded to latest hip 4.5? no help any ideas what will fix this.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: JAVA(TM) Platform SE Binary (32bit) not responding 8 years 1 month ago #62656

Hi David,

What type of computer are you using? What version of Windows/Mac? How much ram do you have? How old is it? The program should definitely not freeze up and when we see stuff like that there's usually something going on with the machine itself.

Dominic Maricic
Home Inspector Pro Home Inspection Software - CEO

Re: JAVA(TM) Platform SE Binary (32bit) not responding 8 years 2 weeks ago #62774

Having a similar problem. When working with batch photos error comes up and have to shut down HIP.Error reads Java (TM) platform SE binary has stopped working. Running Windows 10 on a new Surface 3 with latest HIP version

Steve

Re: JAVA(TM) Platform SE Binary (32bit) not responding 8 years 1 week ago #62799

Steve, how often is this happening? How many pics are you batch adding when you've seen it? This isn't something we've seen before so we need to figure out how to replicate it to track the issue or find out if it's Java running out of memory on the machien.

Dominic Maricic

Re: JAVA(TM) Platform SE Binary (32bit) not responding 8 years 1 week ago #62800

Hey Dominic

It appears that is is an inadequate amount of RAM in the surface 3. Unit only had 2 Gig of RAM.  Took it back and had to upgraded to a surface Pro 4 to get 8 Gig of RAM and seems to be working fine.

Thanks Steve

Re: JAVA(TM) Platform SE Binary (32bit) not responding 8 years 1 week ago #62801

Ahh 2 gigs of ram would DEFINITELY be an issue on a Windows 8/10 machine. Windows uses well over a gig and so does HIP with lots of photos. I'm glad you got it solved!

Dominic Maricic
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.186 seconds
© 2004-2024 Home Inspector Pro Inc. All Rights Reserved.