• 888-750-4777
  • This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: New 10" CTL 2go Tablet

New 10" CTL 2go Tablet 14 years 1 week ago #30766

Hello,

I would like to take a moment to introduce myself to all of your on this forum.  My name is Matt Kintz, and I am a product representative for CTL 2go PC.  I know that many of you have purchased the original 2go Tablet PC and have been able to put it to use in the field.  Today, I would like to introduce a new product to you, the 2goPC Tablet NL2.  This is the newest version of the Convertible Classmate, and has several upgraded features.  If you would like to take a look at the product, please feel free to visit the following address: www.ctlcorp.com/v4/p-908-2go-convertible...-nl2-10-netbook.aspx

This product has not arrived yet, but we are accepting pre-orders.  As a special thanks to Dominic Maricic for the great support he has given our product, and to the entire Home Inspector Pro community for your continued patronage to our company, I would like to extend a special discount on this new model to anyone that is interested.  Due to the nature of the product, I am not able to advertise details regarding the discount, however you are free to contact me directly at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. or send me a message through this forum, and I will be happy to pass along the details to you.

If any of you have any questions or concerns about the 2goPCs that you already own, or any that you would like to own in the future, please feel free to let me know.  I would like to be a point of contact for all of you, to ensure that you have the best experience possible with these products, and that any and all questions/concerns are responded to promptly.

Thank you again to everyone for your continued support!

***Please note the information above in bold.  We are being overwhelmed with responses to this product from our customers, and several users of this forum have contacted various people in our company regarding this offer.  The unfortunate part is that I am pretty much the only one familiar with what I have secured as an offer for you guys, so people are being given our standard pricing.  Please be sure to contact me directly, and I will get back to you as quickly as possible.  Thank you guys for all of the interest!***

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Matt Kintz - Product Representative
2go PC
CTL/Nexus Eletronics
Last Edit: by Matthew Kintz.

Re: New 10" CTL 2go Tablet 14 years 1 week ago #30770

Hi Matt,

Thanks for posting and for offering our users a special discount. I know a lot of guys picked up the previous model in the last few weeks through amazon.com and from your site as you discounted them. Obviously the biggest difference is the 10 inch screen which I'm sure quite a few of the guys will appreciate and another hour of battery life which means less recharging in the field. What other feature have been improved since the last model, and will there still be a 9" model for those who want the smaller footprint. What's the weight of the new tablet?

I have a newsletter coming out in a few days if you want to message me the discount I can include it in that if its allowed.

Dominic Maricic
Home Inspector Pro Home Inspection Software - CEO

Re: New 10" CTL 2go Tablet 14 years 1 week ago #30771

Hi Matt,

Thanks for posting and for offering our users a special discount. I know a lot of guys picked up the previous model in the last few weeks through amazon.com and from your site as you discounted them. Obviously the biggest difference is the 10 inch screen which I'm sure quite a few of the guys will appreciate and another hour of battery life which means less recharging in the field. What other feature have been improved since the last model, and will there still be a 9" model for those who want the smaller footprint. What's the weight of the new tablet?

I have a newsletter coming out in a few days if you want to message me the discount I can include it in that if its allowed.

Hi Matt,

I would be happy to outline some of the other features that are new to this model.  One of the big things is that the writing surface has been dramatically improved to feel more natural.  The feeling is actually similar to that of writing on paper.  Another thing is that the corners have been reinforced for better protection against physical damage.  The screen is a bit more responsive also.  This is built off of the new Intel Pinetrail platform, which makes a huge impact on battery life.  The original model came with a six cell battery, and this unit will come with a four cell battery with a rated usage time of 6 hours, which is an improvement for sure.  We will have six cell batteries coming a little later that boast up to 8.5 hours of battery life.  This unit also now comes with a 160GB 2.5" SATA hard drive, which is replaceable with just normal notebook hard drives or solid state drives, which is much different from the original model that featured a 1.8" PATA hard drive.  There will also be some cool software that comes pre-installed to help regulate the spinning of the hard drive when the unit encounters bumps or jarring while the unit is running, to minimize the possibility of damage to the hard drive while the unit is running.

The entire unit has a ruggedized rubber coating around the outside of the unit, to protect against cosmetic scratches and damage.  The texture also adds quite a bit of grip to the unit, and the carrying handle is no longer static.  It pulls out when you want to use the handle, and then retracts itself back into the unit when you let go of it.  One of the things that I was glad to see was a redesign of the stylus, as I felt the stylus was a little too small on the original.  This new model has a stylus that is better suited for the general population, and is about the size of a normal pen.  With the larger screen and all these other features comes a little added weight.  The NL2 weighs in at 3.7lbs with battery, and the NL1 came to about 3.1lbs with battery, so it is not a huge increase really.  Another great thing is that the NL2 has a 92% full size keyboard, so it should be much easier to type on.

Regarding the 8.9" model, this is unfortunately end of life now.  We had about 100 units left this morning, and they are all gone already.  The NL2 pre-orders are filling up fast as well.  Our first shipment is 300 units, and I would say we are nearly 3/4 sold through those as pre-orders.

I would be happy to provide info for your newsletter, I will shoot you the details.  If anyone else has questions, please feel free to let me know!

2go PC
CTL/Nexus Eletronics

Re: New 10" CTL 2go Tablet 14 years 1 week ago #30796

Do we have any place for feedback on performance?  Such as, 1GB vs. 2GB (and can I switch them out?), XP vs. Win. 7?

Title: Root River Inspections
URL:  www.arochestermnhomeinspector.com
Body:  Root River Inspections serves Rochester, Winona, Red Wing, Austin, Albert Lea and surrounding Minnesota areas.
Meta Key:  Rochester home inspector, Winona home inspector, Red Wing home inspector, Albert...

Re: New 10" CTL 2go Tablet 14 years 1 week ago #30801

I know you can swap it out, the question is: Is there 1 or 2 ram slots?

Dominic Maricic
Home Inspector Pro Home Inspection Software - CEO

Re: New 10" CTL 2go Tablet 14 years 1 week ago #30803

Do we have any place for feedback on performance?  Such as, 1GB vs. 2GB (and can I switch them out?), XP vs. Win. 7?

On our website, at the bottom of the product page, there is a place that you can use for product reviews.  We are kicking around the idea of creating a forum for customers to talk about our products and such, but that is still in development.  I would invite you guys to give us as much feedback as possible, so feel free to send it to me at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. or post it on this forum.

I know you can swap it out, the question is: Is there 1 or 2 ram slots?

It is certainly upgradeable, and there is one slot.  These are still netbook class PCs, and need to uphold the virtues of the ULCPC platform.  Part of keeping everything low cost is that Intel designs the Atom boards that go into netbooks with only one slot for memory, so that prices do not get too out of control.

2go PC
CTL/Nexus Eletronics
Time to create page: 0.286 seconds
© 2004-2024 Home Inspector Pro Inc. All Rights Reserved.