• 888-750-4777
  • This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Beams of roof truss

Beams of roof truss 8 years 5 months ago #61958

My family and I have been living in this single family home for a few years now and over the last year we have all become sick. At first it was like we had a cold/flu that would leave but come right back. Now, we are even more sick, on top of having constant cold/flu symptoms. My wife seems to think that something in the house would be causing this, since we have been fairly healthy people most of our lives. We have started to finely inspect the house, and when we were in the attic we found some beams that didn't appear to be normal. The house was built in 2006, and the owners claim they have never repaired anything on the house. Could someone please tell me if these beams in the truss are acceptable, or if they indicate water/fire/roden/pest damage? The one set(I say set because it is two pieces of wood back to back)is not even aligned properly, and one board appears to be smaller than the other. The other is a single beam, but all the damage is towards the top..the beam that is on the right side(without the black) has a crack in it.
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: Beams of roof truss 8 years 5 months ago #61960

That isn't the cause. Have your ducts cleaned.

Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Re: Beams of roof truss 8 years 5 months ago #61962

We do not think this is the cause of our sickness, we do think that something happened in the house and was fixed/covered up. It looks like some repair work was done in several areas of the house and the owners said they have never fixed anything. Ever. The question we were looking to have answered before we make the decision to call someone(since they claim it's normal) is whether or not that wood looks damaged in some way of if that is just an acceptable piece of wood to use on the truss?

Re: Beams of roof truss 8 years 2 months ago #62466

I would tend to agree with roy, have your ducts cleaned. Also, are you living in the same area as you've always been, there might be allergy type of reactions. Also this might seem like quite a basic question but you ever consider getting a professional house cleaning team in just to thoroughly clean the house, on top of everything, under everything etc. Try to use the 'elimination' technique, what factors are different and then try to rule them out one-by-one. Interested in what you come up with.

A. Mancuso
http://www.homeinspectorexperts.com

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.165 seconds
© 2004-2024 Home Inspector Pro Inc. All Rights Reserved.