• 888-750-4777
  • This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: How to change URL to match company name?

How to change URL to match company name? 13 years 1 month ago #38994

Hi Guys,
I am new to this forum but know you guys from INACHI. I recently got a domain and signup with Dominic for web hosting. This is my first website and yes, I've been reading everthing you guys post on both boards. Very good stuff. I'm havinga mental block.lol Maybe I'm overload with everything but here's my question. How do you change your URL. My domain is www.edison-home-inspector.com . How do I get that to refect my company name-Home Pride, Home Inspection Services,LLC. I know it's important for SEO.
Thanks for any help you can give
David

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: How to change URL to match company name? 13 years 1 month ago #38995

Unless your company name contains your service area or city name, you don't want to match it.  People search by city and sometimes by county but almost never by a company name unless it is nationally known.  Your website URL and keywords are what the search engines find.  Google has moved more to more map related search results.

There is nothing sweeter than the smell of fresh cut grass on a baseball infield, the click of a wooden bat and the taste of a hot dog at a warm sunny daytime double-header.

Re: How to change URL to match company name? 13 years 1 month ago #38996

Stephen thanks for your rely. Dom was saying the samething but I guess I was'nt making the connection. Thanks again. Back to reading up on it.lol
David

Re: How to change URL to match company name? 13 years 1 month ago #38998

What Stephen said is correct.

You can purchase a 2nd domain name from GoDaddy (or whomever) like homeprideinspections.com (I'm sure that one's taken) then FORWARD that to your edison-home-inspector.com account. This allows you to have the company name one on business cards and when people type it in they'll get redirected to the edison site (which is a better name for Google & SEO).

Dominic Maricic
Home Inspector Pro Home Inspection Software - CEO

Re: How to change URL to match company name? 13 years 1 month ago #39002

Hi Dom,
That's what I was thinking but was'nt sure how that worked. Thanks amego.
David

Re: How to change URL to match company name? 13 years 1 month ago #39004

No problemo.

Dominic Maricic
Home Inspector Pro Home Inspection Software - CEO
Time to create page: 0.207 seconds
© 2004-2024 Home Inspector Pro Inc. All Rights Reserved.