• 888-750-4777
  • This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: re-ordering photos

re-ordering photos 7 years 1 month ago #63539

I recently started adding IR images to my reports and have no trouble batch adding them to my existing photos, however, I would really like to control the order they appear in their assigned sections. I have been frustrated when trying to change their order within the section as sometimes it lets me drag the image to a new spot and it inserts the image there, the next time it might completely reshuffle the image order. It is already hard enough to drag an image only a couple of frames at a time but to have it completely destroy the order in the middle of rearranging is blood pressure raising.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

re-ordering photos 7 years 1 month ago #63542

Are you using mobile and using the camera within the mobile device? Or a separate camera?
If you are using a separate camera, when you batch add your regular report photos on the desktop, check the blank box on the Bulk Import pop up before hitting OK. That way it leaves a blank photo square next to each photo you import so you can put your IR right next to the regular photo.

I would then put the IR photos in a folder on your desktop and download each one through the "add photo" button in the blank box.

There is nothing sweeter than the smell of fresh cut grass on a baseball infield, the click of a wooden bat and the taste of a hot dog at a warm sunny daytime double-header.

re-ordering photos 7 years 1 month ago #63543

Thanks. I am using my mobile device to capture my regular images within HIP mobile and downloading together. I am batch loading the IR images from my desktop. I finally figured out to reorder them I need to move each photo 1 position at a time in order not to "shuffle the deck of images" in a section. It's a very tedious, time-robbing work around but it works until they upgrade a control to assist with this which I understand is sometime in the future. It's also very hard to look at the layout of images while editing to see the best image order when you can only 2-3 images at a time.

re-ordering photos 7 years 1 month ago #63544

My first thought was, "that's why everyone should charge extra for IR and not treat it like a screwdriver or other regular tool". One choice would be to load the IR photos into your mobile device gallery and then pick them from there within mobile before uploading. The problem I see with that is the potential size of the file. Maybe the mobile needs a setting like the desktop that shows you will be importing IR and need a blank spot. I am sure Dom will be popping in sometime today as he just got back from a conference late last night. Good luck.

Afterthought. I assume you take a photo with your mobile device and then a 2nd photo of the same thing with your IR.? What about taking a 2nd photo with your mobile device with your finger or hand in the photo signifying you will add IR. Then go through the photos in your report, go to the photo with the fingers, delete, and then fill the box from the appropriate IR photo folder on your desktop. Just thinking out loud.

There is nothing sweeter than the smell of fresh cut grass on a baseball infield, the click of a wooden bat and the taste of a hot dog at a warm sunny daytime double-header.

re-ordering photos 7 years 1 month ago #63545

actually my IR camera takes a matching visual image, but I like to pair these up adjacent to images of visible issues and/or moisture meter confirmations. Just trying to make the report more meaningful and easy to follow for my client, but its a lot of work, especially with the limitations of the image editing of the software. ;~)

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.174 seconds
© 2004-2024 Home Inspector Pro Inc. All Rights Reserved.