• 888-750-4777
  • This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Home Inspector Pro 4.9 for Wndows has been release

Home Inspector Pro 4.9 for Wndows has been release 7 years 3 months ago #63361

We've had quite a few beta versions since the last public release so if you haven't updated in a bit, the complete list of updates/fixes back to HIP 4.5 is below. You can download the latest Windows version by going to User Menu at the top of the site (when logged in) and clicking on Downloads.

Bug Fix: Changes in Windows 10 Anniversary Edition were affecting the saving of caption text. Made a few changes to try and work around this. Need feedback as this issue happens sporadically so it's hard to track down.

New Feature: Glossary page added to Section Colors & Print Order to allow header customization.

Design Change: Code updated to reflect DOE changes. Home Energy Scores will properly submit now.

Design Change: 2 dozen more screens within the program updated for high resolution monitors.

Design Change: Drop down lists used in captions on mobile will print properly on report on desktop.

Design Change: If a corrupt image from mobile is detected during desktop download, it'll be replaced with a place holder image rather than not opening the file.

Design Change: On the Generate Report screen the button to "Select Sections with Comments, Ratings or Photos" now includes sections with only photos as well.

Bug Fix: RecallChek template data was not loading properly after an inspection was downloaded from mobile.

Bug Fix: Fixed issue that occurred when creating additional sections on the desktop after downloading the inspection from mobile.

Bug Fix: ISN Import was showing the time incorrectly if the inspection was as 12pm (noon).

Bug Fix: Corrected error message that popped up if you cancelled creating a new document.

Bug Fix: If an error occurs when converting video you couldn't exit the screen.

Bug Fix: Downloading multiple inspections from mobile that contained a video, then starting a new inspection could cause extra videos to be included in the zip.

Design Change: HIP will no longer switch to the Client Info home screen each time you click Save or an Autosave is triggered.

New Feature - Generate a high quality HTML based report that looks identical to the PDF (you always know what your clients are getting) AND the PDF version. Can upload to ISN or HIP. Note that this requires the HIP cloud service.

New Feature - Added a new button to the layout/sketch feature to turn the measurements on or off.

Design Change - Automatic scaling of fonts and icons in the program based on computer resolution.

Design Change - If you've turned off ratings then items won't print if you only check a rating. This was occurring before but some inspectors are using ratings for notes and don't want items to print.

Design Change - When importing Client Information from ISN, HIP will cycle through work, cell and home phone numbers to find one filled in.

Bug Fix - If you had 27 items in a section and were listed by alphabetic order a @@ appeared after Z. Now AA properly appears as the 27th item.

Bug Fix - Menu complete checkmarks no longer save with the template so each inspection will correctly start fresh.

Bug Fix - Fixed issue with dates not formatted in mm-dd-yyyy (mostly Canadian users) causing problems when submitted to RecallChek.

Bug Fix- Properly send the province information to RecallChek when not in the US.

Bug Fix - Glossary data wasn't saving properly when uploading mobile and back down to the cloud.

Bug Fix - HIP was hanging if you detached a removable drive after inserting photos from it and then trying to add additional photos.

Bug Fix - Vertical and Horizontal flipping of objects in the sketch feature work consistently.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Dominic Maricic
Home Inspector Pro Home Inspection Software - CEO
Last Edit: by Dominic Maricic.

Home Inspector Pro 4.9 for Wndows has been release 7 years 3 months ago #63364

Just downloaded and installed version 4.9. I discovered that all my documents defaulted to the whatever the default font and pitch are in HIP. So when I generate a report, it no longer looks the same as I had customized it for? Please advise on what the solution to this would be? Unfortunately, I do not remember what font and pitch I used to when creating my documents.

Thanks in advance,

Victor Hernandez

Home Inspector Pro 4.9 for Wndows has been release 7 years 3 months ago #63365

Victor Hernandez wrote: Just downloaded and installed version 4.9. I discovered that all my documents defaulted to the whatever the default font and pitch are in HIP. So when I generate a report, it no longer looks the same as I had customized it for? Please advise on what the solution to this would be? Unfortunately, I do not remember what font and pitch I used to when creating my documents.

Thanks in advance,

Victor Hernandez

The update itself doesn't modify template files at all. Are you referring to the documents under Edit Documents, or something else?

Dominic Maricic
Home Inspector Pro Home Inspection Software - CEO

Home Inspector Pro 4.9 for Wndows has been release 7 years 3 months ago #63366

Yes Dom,

I am referring to "edit document" files. All were defaulted to whatever the default font is? I don't know how this happened. Working on changing each of my documents to the font size and pitch I had customized documents to? Just a bit frustrating since I am still learning my way around HIP!

Victor

Home Inspector Pro 4.9 for Wndows has been release 7 years 3 months ago #63408

Dominic. where do i go to find the download? using 4.7 now thanks

Home Inspector Pro 4.9 for Wndows has been release 7 years 3 months ago #63409

This happened to me also

Time to create page: 0.240 seconds
© 2004-2024 Home Inspector Pro Inc. All Rights Reserved.