• 888-750-4777
  • This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: PVC or not

PVC or not 10 years 8 months ago #54245

Can anyone tell me if this is PVC?  What areas is PVC allowed and not allowed in a house?
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: PVC or not 10 years 8 months ago #54246

In Chicago and surround burbs, PVC in only allowed on DWV.  It can not be used on supply. It can't even be used off a TPR valve.  Other parts of Illinois are different.  Where I inspect, you were better call it out for evaluation, repair, and correction/replacement since its never been allowed in my market for supply.

Dan Musielski
Inspector/Engineer
Assured Home Inspections; Batavia, IL
www.InspectThatHouse.com

See us in the Fox News Channel! FOX NEWS Shattered Dreams
www.foxnews.com/us/2010/10/13/foreclosur...ickens-experts-fear/

Re: PVC or not 10 years 8 months ago #54247

PVC is allowed and used around here for waste drain only. Those look like vent fittings, which shouldn't be used for waste. (The "T"'s  and 90's on vent piping do not have the directional cavities)

PVC cannot be used on TPR valves. It will not withstand the pressure or temperature. CPVC is acceptable, but I always suggest copper.

Always tell the truth, do what you promise, and do it righter than right..always
Title: Inspection Connection
URL: www.charleston-home-inspector.com
Body: Performing Home Inspections in all of WV: Charleston, Huntington, Teays, Hurricane, and surrounding areas
Keywords: Charleston Home Inspector, St...

Re: PVC or not 10 years 8 months ago #54300

Is this house on a well by chance?

There is nothing sweeter than the smell of fresh cut grass on a baseball infield, the click of a wooden bat and the taste of a hot dog at a warm sunny daytime double-header.

Re: PVC or not 10 years 8 months ago #54301

Negative, city water

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.184 seconds
© 2004-2024 Home Inspector Pro Inc. All Rights Reserved.