• 888-750-4777
  • This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Dishwasher drain hookup

Dishwasher drain hookup 13 years 8 months ago #34237

• Bert de Haan
  • Bert de Haan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • If it is worth doing, it's worth doing well.
  • Thank you received: 0
The way I understand it, the dishwasher drain should discharge through an air gap and into the sink tail piece, not after the P-trap.  I have never yet seen a dishwasher drain through an air gap above the rim;  possibly this is not a requirement here.  I do see mechanical vents installed in dishwasher drains.  I have heard that the newer dishwashers have anti back-flow/siphoning provision built in.  This would maybe take care of the need to drain through an air gap.  But what about a dishwasher drain that is connected downstream of the P-trap;  would the provision that is built in the dishwasher also prevent sewer gas from entering the dishwasher?  I have called it out a few times but I am starting to wonder if I am correct in that. 

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Bert de Haan
www.KitchenerWaterlooHomeInspector.ca
Benchmark Home Inspection Services Kitchener-Wateroo and Guelph area Home Inspection
Serving Kitchener-Waterloo, Guelph, Orangeville, Mount Forest and surrounding areas.
Keywords: Kitchener-Waterloo home inspector, Guelph home inspection,...

Re: Dishwasher drain hookup 13 years 8 months ago #34251

Maybe these simple illustrations can help.

Keep calling it out!!
Attachments:

Home Safe Home Inspections
Link Url: Cleveland Home Inspector - www.hshinspections.net/
Body:Performing Home Inspections in Cleveland, Parma, Brecksville, Broadview Heights, North Royalton, Strongsville and surrounding areas.
Keywords:Parma,Broadview...

Re: Dishwasher drain hookup 13 years 8 months ago #34258

David:

Thanks for the images. This just came up the other day and the images would have made it easier to explain.

John

John M. Hetz
IN Home Inspection, Inc.
www.inhomeinspections.com
Certified Professional Home Inspections, Radon Testing, Wood Destroying Insect Inspections and Water Quality Sampling and Analysis for Plymouth, South Bend, Mishawaka, Rochester, Logansport, Culver and Goshen, Indiana  and all of...

Re: Dishwasher drain hookup 13 years 8 months ago #34270

• Bert de Haan
  • Bert de Haan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • If it is worth doing, it's worth doing well.
  • Thank you received: 0
Thanks David.  I attached what I had written down but it isn't sent away yet.  Maybe my wording is a bit to tentative. 
Attachments:

Bert de Haan
www.KitchenerWaterlooHomeInspector.ca
Benchmark Home Inspection Services Kitchener-Wateroo and Guelph area Home Inspection
Serving Kitchener-Waterloo, Guelph, Orangeville, Mount Forest and surrounding areas.
Keywords: Kitchener-Waterloo home inspector, Guelph home inspection,...

Re: Dishwasher drain hookup 13 years 8 months ago #34373

David, nice images as they say a picture is worth a thousand words

I've Been Rich and I've Been Poor "Rich" is Better
Fitzgerald Home Inspection
Link URL: www.sanfernandovalleyhomeinspection.com/
Body:Providing the best Home Inspections,Los Angeles and Ventura Counties 818-929-4860
Key Words:San Fernando Valley home inspections,Home...

Re: Dishwasher drain hookup 13 years 8 months ago #34375

Thanks Gary, it does help the client, agent to understand what a high loop does, is.

Pictures and illustrations in a report are important for understanding the condition of the home.

Home Safe Home Inspections
Link Url: Cleveland Home Inspector - www.hshinspections.net/
Body:Performing Home Inspections in Cleveland, Parma, Brecksville, Broadview Heights, North Royalton, Strongsville and surrounding areas.
Keywords:Parma,Broadview...
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.180 seconds
© 2004-2024 Home Inspector Pro Inc. All Rights Reserved.