Hello all. I have not posted in quite awhile. I just returned from a 4 day H.I. Conference in Orlando, where I had the awesome privilege of meeting Dominic face to face. Dominic spoke on website optimization, the HIP software, etc. It was great, but I came away feeling that while my home inspection skills and people skills are my long suit, I'm an Idiot when it comes to website stuff, etc.
I need a website. I have a few domain names saved through Go Daddy. I know the following things;
1) I want MY picture towards the top of the home page.
2) I want the navigation bar to be horizontal under the header. (None of HIP's themes seem to have this....
3) I want the cool "Text Me" feature in it.
4) I want Inspector Support Network and Recall check integration in it.
5) I want a local picture of my area in the header along with my picture, and a friendly dog with me too.
6) I want links to my business facebook, etc.
7) I want my logo prominent.
I want a "clean" modern look, not dark. (I REALLY like the inspection support network site, and Apple's site. )
9) I want it clean, simple, not cluttered.
10) I want to portray Professionalism, Trust, "I like this guy, he's who we want"
11) I want different pages, for radon, recall check, about me, Standards of Practice, Why you want a home inspection, etc.
Basically, all I know is that there is so much I don't know...
On top of this, I'm working on perhaps changing over from HomeGauge to using HIP....so I need to work a lot on customizing that. I think I can do that pretty well.....but I know that is a different forum..(sorry).
The conference was great. I learned what I want and what I don't want. Now I just have to learn how to make it happen.
If by chance I find it easier to build a site through GoDaddy, can it still be hosted by HIP...? I'm sensing that to go with a company, be it GoDaddy, HIP, Ken Compton, etc you need to start with them.
I guess my question would be how much can I change one of HIP's templates, as I do not want it looking too "canned". Sorry for my long post....I'm just overtired and overwhelmed.
Thank you again Dominic......I learned so much.